Monday, May 19, 2014

La Jolla Secret Garden Tour 2014


It was time once again on Saturday for my hubby and me to put on our sun hats and garden garb and attend the La Jolla, California Secret Garden Tour in San Diego County.

Come on along and I'll show you highlights from some of the gardens this year ... (right click on photos to enlarge.)


I loved this massive rose arbor growing over these French Doors...


And this outdoor entertaining kitchen with azure Pacific Ocean views....




Dining al fresco, anyone?!




Here's a double swimming pool overlooking their own private...


baseball field!


An indoor/outdoor eating area off the huge family room.



Time to fire up the grill and dine alfresco!

 A big treehouse!




A charming home with shabby chic vignettes...



It's outdoor bath time at Petticoat Junction!  (Remember that TV show?!)










This lovely garden bonnet was my favorite; many attendees at the garden tour had on colorful hats and pretty floral dresses and clothing to celebrate the day!

Wishing YOU a gloriously garden-y day!

Kathryn :) 

5 comments:

Penny @ The Comforts of Home said...

I would love to go on a tour like that! What wonderful inspiration.

Kathryn Bechen said...

Yes Penny, you would love the Secret Garden Tour! If you search my blog for La Jolla Secret Garden Tour you'll see photos of several other years as we go every year!

Tamera Beardsley said...

What a feast for the eyes and soul this post is! Thank you for sharing such a beautiful tour! The outdoor shower is positively enchanting!

Sonia said...

Oh my goodness! I love every photo. The pergolas are so pretty and of course...all those flowers and the views. What a great tour.
Miss Bloomers

Kathryn Bechen said...

Glad you enjoyed the tour Sonia! Have a nice weekend with your family.

Free Newsletter & Tips

Instantly receive my download articles Top 10 Organizing, Decorating, & Lifestyle Tips, AND Small Space Savvy in a Big Stuff World.
Includes my free e-newsletter.

Enter your email address here: