Monday, March 10, 2014

Spa for the Body & Spirit


My computer issues are all finally resolved, thanks to my fabulously techie husband!  A million xxoo, my sweet man!  To celebrate and release the computer stress that lasted all last week, I dipped into our "stress-management serendipity fund" and treated myself at the new spa at the Inn at Rancho Santa Fe while my hubby preferred to sit and read magazines out on their terrace.

My massage room opened to the cutest little private outdoor terrace, so my sweet (and very skilled) massage therapist opened the French doors and the warm golden SoCal sunshine magically streamed in while I listened to the birds chirp and sing!  Sheer bliss!  Their spa is uber-clean, upscale chic, beyond relaxing, has lovely shower facilities, and all the spa staff members have all been more than kind in accommodating me on more than one occasion.  Just what the stress doctor ordered.   :)

After my massage, hubby Steve and I had appetizers and sparkling mineral water out on the inn's Morada Restaurant terrace, which overlooks a beautiful expansive of emerald green lawn, large old trees, and beautiful flowers.  The food was delicious and our waiter was friendly and attentive, yet not intrusive on our private time together.

If you ever travel to San Diego County, be sure to check out this beautiful and genteel inn.   It's situated on many rolling acres in a picture-perfect dell of trees, flora, and fauna in the charmingly elegant village of Rancho Santa Fe,  just inland from the Pacific Ocean.   Being there is like taking a nurturing step back in time to a more gracious era.  (Think Downton Abbey.)  The inn offers several package deals, and  I think it would be a beautiful place to have a wedding, too!

The inn has undergone an extensive renovation and redecorating in the past year.    Their photo gallery.  The photos in this post are pix I've taken myself over the past few years, before their renovation.
 



Have a beauty-filled spa for the body and spirit kind of day!

Kathryn :)

Full Disclosure:  I was not financially compensated in any way to write this blog post about the Inn at Rancho Santa Fe but did so because their services have repeatedly been so wonderful over the years that I want to share their lovely inn with my readers and friends.   All opinions written here are solely my own.


2 comments:

rouge baie said...

It was some time since that I visited your blog Kathryn.
I am always delighted by your posts and photos.
I never went to a spa and I do not know if I ever will go now. The location looks beautiful with those flowers around.
I have always a great pleasure to read your post about your small space home, your taste for decoration, your skills too.
I do not know if you remember me (you sent me your book (give away)and I sent you one of my rose watercolors).
I wish you a nice day
Helene

Carolyn said...

Hi Kathryn,
Sounds like a great way to de stress.
We are getting more snow here right now so all that lush green is making me a little envious!
Thank you once again for your visit and kind words.

Carolyn

Free Newsletter & Tips

Instantly receive my download articles Top 10 Organizing, Decorating, & Lifestyle Tips, AND Small Space Savvy in a Big Stuff World.
Includes my free e-newsletter.

Enter your email address here: