Monday, October 28, 2013

Easy Baked Spiced Peaches


I like to keep things simple, fresh, and comfort-food tasty when I cook and bake.  For flourish, I set an attractive table with placemats, real napkins, and china.    But as far as the meal itself, I don't go in for elaborate recipes where I have to stand in the kitchen for hours to cook and then also to clean up--I eat "designer cuisine" when I go out to eat!

So here's my easy recipe below for baked spiced peaches.  You could also substitute apples, pears, or a combo of the fruit if you prefer.

 
Cut up four large peaches into 1/2 inch cubes and put in a bowl.  In another smaller bowl combine 1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar, 1/2 t. cinnamon, 1/4 t. cloves, and 1/4 t. nutmeg and stir well.  You can also add 1/2 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts if you wish.  Pour the sugar/spice mixture over the peaches and stir well to coat.  Place in a glass baking dish that you've poured 1/2 cup of water on the bottom of the dish and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 350 degrees or until peaches are soft.   I've also put these in the crockpot on low in the morning and had them as a nice dessert with an early dinner.  And they smell good as they bake too!

I like my baked spice peaches with a nice hot cup of tea.  My favorite is lavender and lemon tea and to get that combo I just mix the two kinds of bulk tea leaves together in a strainer.

Any leftover peach mixture can be stored in the fridge for a couple of days, or you can even freeze it for another meal later.

Easy dessert for fall!

Kathryn :)

1 comment:

Encre et Couleurs said...

Seems a perfect fall dessert Kathryn.
Now for the tea cup I would prefer a black tea I do not like at all perfumed tea.
I am a tea drinker. I drink more than 1 liter of black tea at breakfast, Lapsang Souchong being my favorite (my breakfast lasts because I read while I drinking my tea. This is my favorite time of day.)

Have a beautiful week ahead.

Hélène

Free Newsletter & Tips

Instantly receive my download articles Top 10 Organizing, Decorating, & Lifestyle Tips, AND Small Space Savvy in a Big Stuff World.
Includes my free e-newsletter.

Enter your email address here: