Saturday, June 8, 2013

Hello From Herringbone Restaurant in La Jolla, CA

Hello from Herringbone restaurant in the seaside village of La Jolla, CA!  My hubby Steve and I decided for our  33rd wedding anniversary yesterday to try a couple new places to eat, and Herringbone was the first one we visited.

Housed in a renovated old warehouse type building, aren't these old windows gorgeous?!

 And yes, that's a real live tree you see my hubs sitting under INSIDE the restaurant.

 And here are some more trees in the back room of this HUGE space.

One of the staff people told me the restaurant was set up for "social dining."  I guess that's a modern concept for "while you eat and drink, maybe you'll meet someone interesting that you'll end up marrying some day."  :)  I'm not sure.

I loved what I'd call their "Anthropologie meets New York urban loft meets Restoration Hardware in SoCal" style decor.
See all those eyeballs staring at you from behind those wooden slats?  Um, those are puffer fish.  I know, I'd never heard of puffer fish either!  :)

A staff member also told me the 100 year old olive trees were shipped down to SoCal from Northern California and part of the roof of the building was removed to lower them down.

The staff was very efficient, friendly, fun to talk to, and they liked telling us about their unique restaurant.

When they found out we were celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary, they brought us complimentary coffee and...

a piece of confetti cake with berries and a celebratory candle.

So sweet!

Our food was super good too.

Happy Herringbone!

Kathryn :)

No comments:

Free Newsletter & Tips

Instantly receive my download articles Top 10 Organizing, Decorating, & Lifestyle Tips, AND Small Space Savvy in a Big Stuff World.
Includes my free e-newsletter.

Enter your email address here: