Monday, June 17, 2013

Green Gurus



We had a delightful summer dining experience at the beautiful Paon French restaurant in Carlsbad, CA a few evenings ago with my favorite green guru couple, Ron and Lisa Beres.    I just LOVE that restaurant's upscale yet relaxed "little white lights twinkling against crystal wine glasses while soft jazz plays in the background and an attentive waiter hovers over you" atmosphere!!

I met Lisa online a few years ago when she was the Founder/Owner of Green Nest, and if you're looking for an informative source of all things green living, be sure to check out the Beres' green lifestyle blog, newsletter, consultancy, and videos/media interviews at www.RonandLisa.com.  Not only are they knowledgeable, but they're sweet-hearted people as well--and fun and funny too, which comes out in their writing, videos, and media interviews.


Okay, back to the food at Paon!  One word:  Yum!  One of us diners, (who grew up on a cattle, hog, and sheep farm...), had pork.  :)


One of the diners, who is super good about eating clean and green, (which is probably why she's prettily model-thin and full of energy!), had this beautiful vegan salad with a "beet as meat" theme going on.
 

One of the diners, who tries hard to eat healthy, (but admits she probably won't make it to totally vegan in this earthly lifetime!), had this beautiful chicken dish. 

And one of the diners, (who shall remain unnamed but knows who they are :), ate their meal before I could get a picture of it!   But that's okay, because he made up for it as a good conversationalist, so I forgave him for not letting me post his meal pic on my blog!   :)

Remember this summer to celebrate life at a beautiful table, with someone fun!

Kathryn :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have chosen the chicken dish as well--looks wonderful!

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/From Harvest To Table said...

Hi Kathryn,
It was nice to see you pop up on my blog! I had lost track of you somehow. Anyway, I am now following you again through BlogLovin. Your dinners look wonderful. It sounds like a divine restaurant.

Free Newsletter & Tips

Instantly receive my download articles Top 10 Organizing, Decorating, & Lifestyle Tips, AND Small Space Savvy in a Big Stuff World.
Includes my free e-newsletter.

Enter your email address here: