Friday, February 1, 2013

INN Love in the Month of Love

Happy month of LOVE!  Since I'm a lifelong incurable romantic into the very depths of my soul,  there are no topics I love writing about more than life's beauty and love, so February is always one of my FAVE months as it stirs happy memories of traveling since 1987 with my hubby Steve to over 65 Bed & Breakfast Inns across the U.S. (If you can't afford an inn getaway just now, read on for how you can create a similar experience at home!)

The photos in this post are pix I took of The Willows in Palm Springs, CA which is one of my very favorite inns.   I was gifted a trip there by the owner a few years ago for our wedding anniversary, and it was a most wonderful stay.  The inn is impeccably beautiful inside and out and its history is fascinating since Einstein and other famous faces from a bygone era once stayed there. The elegant and delicious breakfast is served on fine china (below) and you eat while viewing a gorgeous waterfall streaming down the mountainside.  The owner and staff are kindly gracious too.  The other thing I love about this inn is it is privately and quietly tucked into the mountainside, with a lovely pool for lounging, yet it's within easy walking distance to downtown Palm Springs shops and restaurants. 

If you can't jet off to the Willows, my favorite place online to research inns is I Love Inns, in case you want to try this wonderful travel m.o. and stress management technique closer to where you live.  :) 



If an inn getaway trip just isn't in your budget right now, why not put a few romantic touches to your own bedroom so you can enjoy a little inexpensive nurturing luxury at home?  Here are some how-to tips from my article, Decorate Your Bedroom Like a Bed & Breakfast Inn.   Wintersilks has some lovely silk robes on sale right now too, and some handsome silk PJs for your manly mister.

Oh, and don't forget the chocolates!

Happy happy happy month of LOVE!
Kathryn

No comments:

Free Newsletter & Tips

Instantly receive my download articles Top 10 Organizing, Decorating, & Lifestyle Tips, AND Small Space Savvy in a Big Stuff World.
Includes my free e-newsletter.

Enter your email address here: