Thursday, January 3, 2013

My FAVE Chili Recipe for Chilly Winter Nights

Is there anything better than a steamy bowl of chili on a cold winter's night?!  Here's my FAVE recipe I've tweaked over the years for maximum taste and health.   It's so easy and I LOVE using the crockpot as I can quickly add all the ingredients and then do something else with my time.  We freeze leftover portions in small containers that my husband takes to work for lunch or that we can heat up on nights we're too tired to cook!  I buy many of the ingredients from Vitacost, which is my favorite discount place to shop online as they ship right to your door with no shipping fee for orders over $50.

Kathryn's Crockpot Chili

1 1/2 pounds ground turkey, browned
1/2 cup dried onion
2-3 cans kidney beans
1 can stewed tomatoes, with juice
1 can or carton tomato soup
1 14 oz. can tomato sauce
2 T. chili powder or more to taste preference
1-2 cups water

Salt and pepper to taste.

Fill crockpot with all ingredients and cook on low for 8 hours.  Enjoy!

Remember to savor the scrumptious little things in life!

Kathryn :) 

1 comment:

A Romantic Porch said...

That recipe looks absolutely delicious. I will have to try it. I have never made chili without first browning the meat.

Happy New Year. I hope your Christmas season was full of peace and joy.

Your photo on your blog header is simply gorgeous.

xo rachel

Free Newsletter & Tips

Instantly receive my download articles Top 10 Organizing, Decorating, & Lifestyle Tips, AND Small Space Savvy in a Big Stuff World.
Includes my free e-newsletter.

Enter your email address here: