Monday, January 21, 2013

Hot Turkey Salad Recipe

Want a warm and cozy dish for a cold winter evening's casual family dinner, a ladies' luncheon, or perhaps a bridal shower?   This Hot Turkey Salad recipe is fast, easy, and simply scrumptious!!   I've been making this dish for about 25 years; I think the recipe is originally from a church dinner we attended many years ago, but to be honest, I'm not exactly sure where I got the original recipe. But I  make it often as it's just that good!

Hot Turkey Salad

2 cups cubed, cooked turkey  (chicken is fine too if you prefer)
2 cups diced celery
1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds (I use the sliced ones from Costco)
1/2 t. salt
2 tsp. grated onion (I use dry onion)
2 Tbsp. lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
1 cup mayonnaise  (don't use Miracle Whip)

Combine all and toss lightly.  Put in greased 9x9 casserole dish and sprinkle top with 1/2 cup grated American or cheddar cheese.  May also add 1 cup crushed potato chips on top of the cheese, but the chips are optional.

Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.   Serve with a small green side salad and warm muffins. 

Serves 6.

Enjoy!

Kathryn :)

No comments:

Free Newsletter & Tips

Instantly receive my download articles Top 10 Organizing, Decorating, & Lifestyle Tips, AND Small Space Savvy in a Big Stuff World.
Includes my free e-newsletter.

Enter your email address here: