Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Away in a Manger...and a Little Mobile Home

In 2009 I asked God to help me take my writing to a bigger level to help more people.*  I had no idea what would happen, but I felt perfect peace and had faith that something would.  Fast forward to today, as my dear longtime Christian friend from across the miles sent me this sweet letter about her gifting away her personal copy of my book, Small Space Organizing:

"Hi Kathryn,

I have to tell you that I simply HANDED OVER my one and only copy of your book you signed to me to a mom today!!   I did, I really did.  This is my neighbor who is a mommy to four sons ages 6,7,8,9 and they are selling their house next door to us and moving to a SINGLE WIDE TRAILER in Minnesota after Christmas! She was telling me how they just don't have much space there and she seemed at a loss so I just FLEW over to my book and gave it to her and just said "Here, you take this, you will need it and it is a gift from me to you," and I told her about you. She is a lovely person, just busy with four boys, moving, and a husband who is retired from the Air Force. Anyway, now I need to go to Barnes & Noble and get me another book!"

Blessed be my friend, the book angel.  And my prayers for this sweet family as they move into their new (little) home this Christmas!

Kathryn :)  

*My book is an Amazon Top 100 bestselling decorating book in several countries today, and has been for months.  Thank you Lord, for answered prayers


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so kind to share this sweet story. You deserve these accolades as I truly believe you write from a kind heart and a genuine servant's spirit. Blessings at Christmas. Ginger

Kathryn Bechen said...

Thank you for your sweet comment Ginger! Merry Christmas!

Ruth Ann Nordin said...

Hi! I'm the person moving into a smaller home. She gave me the link to your post. :D I appreciate the book and look forward to getting ideas on how I can organize all our things into our new home. Thanks for writing it!

Kathryn Bechen said...

Hi Ruth Ann,

Thank you for your comment and I hope you find my book both helpful and enjoyable! Best wishes with your family's move! Kathryn

Free Newsletter & Tips

Instantly receive my download articles Top 10 Organizing, Decorating, & Lifestyle Tips, AND Small Space Savvy in a Big Stuff World.
Includes my free e-newsletter.

Enter your email address here: