Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Simpson House Inn--Santa Barbara, CA

Welcome to the historic Simpson House Inn in beautiful Santa Barbara, California. Circa 1874. My hubby Steve and I stayed here recently and I thought I"d give you a little blog tour of this lovely property so you can enjoy it too! Click on photos to enlarge.

Let's meander, shall we, through the big wrought-iron gates and up the shaded drive...

where as we step into the grand entrance of this stately AAA 5-Diamond inn, (the only 5-Diamond in North America)...

we're immediately swept away into its gracious rooms of fine antique furnishings...

beloved books...

beautiful art...

and gently curved staircases, reminiscent of a lyrical poem, if you will.

Astute attention to detail is notable at the Simpson House Inn, including these lovely "sugared glasses." That's something I have never seen in any of the 67 inns my hubby and I have stayed in all across the U.S., and I found them a delightful touch!

The staff at the Simpson House Inn is especially attentive and gracious. They gave us a complete tour upon our arrival, and we chose this lovely porch adjacent to the house, rather than our room, our private terrace, or elsewhere on the luscious green grounds to have our delicious full breakfast.

Elegant china served up a refreshing fruit dish to start our day. Tasty eggs followed.

The wrap-around porch of the Simpson House Inn overlooks the the huge expanse of manicured lawn...

and all the old, stately trees provide shady cool respite from the afternoon sun.

Charming meandering and manicured paths led us to...

our own private patio just outside our cottage, which was quaintly tucked deep into the backyard trees.
 
The high-thread-count linens were soft as butter on a lazy summer afternoon, and did indeed gently caress our cares away, providing "sumptuous snuggling" for two!
 
I've mentioned details already....including our own personalized welcome note and a delectable delight, on fine-bone china, of course. (Oh yes, my kind of camping! :)

A fountain graces the shady front yard...

and please feel free to just lounge and enjoy the quiet grounds if you wish.

Oh, these glorious, glorious trees swept me into their oh-so-romantic arms! (Okay, so they're really tree boughs, and not arms, but hey, they look like "romantic arms" to me, just waiting to sweep me off my incurably romantic writer's feet! :)

The sweet little meandering paths held me enthralled in their enchanting springtime spell.


The Simpson House Inn is within easy walking distance to Santa Barbara's famous State Street, in their historic downtown, where upscale boutiques and fine restaurants delight visitors. I just adored The Andersen's, which reminds me of a charming outdoor Parisian cafe.


And obviously my hubby Steve liked The Anderson's too!


Santa Barbara, California sits right on the Pacific Ocean and boasts miles and miles of beautiful flat beaches...


where Palm trees sway in the gentle SoCal breeze...


and visitors from around the world stroll along its seaside boardwalks.

If you have a hankering (like I admittedly do!) for stepping back in time to a gentler and more gracious home era, you won't want to miss the Simpson House Inn in Santa Barbara, California. My hubby Steve and I especially thank the lovely staff there for our most enjoyable stay!

'Til Next Time!

Kathryn :)

No comments:

Free Newsletter & Tips

Instantly receive my download articles Top 10 Organizing, Decorating, & Lifestyle Tips, AND Small Space Savvy in a Big Stuff World.
Includes my free e-newsletter.

Enter your email address here: