Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wedding Magazine Photo Shoot for San Diego Style Weddings Magazine

The beautiful La Costa Spa in San Diego, CA

Dear Blog Friends,

Yesterday I was whisked away to "Cinderella-at-the-ball-land" :) when I went to the very beautiful La Costa Spa to attend a photo shoot for San Diego Style Weddings magazine, one of the magazines I write articles for. Owner Dena Malasek and the wedding planners who set up the sets for the shoots gave me permission to show you their beautiful wedding designs below. Let's start first with a little tour of this magnificent golf course resort. (You can click on the photos to enlarge and see the beautiful details.)

We're headed up the bridal resort path...

and up a few steps...

and down the palm lined path...

and into the grand lobby to view our first photo shoot of a stunning tablescape...

courtesy of wedding planner Ann Strobel of Ann's Plans, and floral designer Lisa from Design Works Florals.

I loved their use of feathers and orchids...

and I thought the use of buttons as an embellishment at the base was very clever...

and I also loved this elegant napkin fold...
While writing several bridal magazine articles this spring, I learned that chairs are now a big design element at weddings and there are many designs available. I thought this one went nicely with the table motif.

The photographers are hard at work here on another shoot in another room, making every effort to get the lighting just right.

Elegant silver and red was the choice for this lovely table setting by What a Wedding! and Tessilk Flowers.
Every detail was impeccable at the place setting...

and I especially liked how the calla lilies were on the outside of the vase...

Now we're off on a picnic!
Joyful Weddings & Events was the wedding planner for this sweet picnic style wedding reception set and the flowers were done by Adorations Floral & Event Design.

As a freelance writer who works from home I don't usually go on the magazine photo shoots, and it was readily apparent that they take LOTS of work and coordination to get everything just right for the camera. Here magazine owner Dena Malasek is directing the crew.

The wedding planner called this set her "Anthropologie meets Martha Stewart" style and I thought it was very charming, cottage-sort-of-writer-and-decorator-gal-at-heart that I am!

I loved the vintage bicycle...
And I thought the flower colors were yummy!

Next we were off to an elegant feather ensemble...

Artfully done by wedding planner Alexandra RoseLee of R Affairs and her floral associate Lotus Flowers by Thomas.



Red and black elegance down to every detail...

Great chair bows too, I thought!
While interviewing 15 wedding vendors/experts recently for wedding magazine articles, it's becoming increasingly apparent how much weddings and the home design and textile industries are increasingly intertwined. Design is design after all, and colors, textures, and ideas are really overlapping in the two industries these days.

I hope you enjoyed my tour of a photo shoot for San Diego Style Weddings magazine. I'm off now as my "Cinderella" carriage awaits! Ta Ta! I must go write more articles!

'Til Next Time!


Kathryn :)


http://www.kathrynbechenink.com/



1 comment:

Ruth Welter said...

These were lovely photos kathryn, thanks for sharing.

Ruth

Free Newsletter & Tips

Instantly receive my download articles Top 10 Organizing, Decorating, & Lifestyle Tips, AND Small Space Savvy in a Big Stuff World.
Includes my free e-newsletter.

Enter your email address here: